Oh Monkeys!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In my last entry I was about to go off on a sunset snorkelling trip. It was pretty incredible. We went out on a big boat and stopped at a small beach and snorkelled our way to land where we were greeted by about thirty monkeys! They swam up to us and we were given fruit to feed them. Then we got back on the boat and went to a cove that was surrounded by limestone cliffs. We kayaked through them and snorkelled and it was just flled with every color imaginable. There were tons of fish, giant clams, electric colored corals and anemones. The water is this insane emerald color. Everything is just unbelievable. Afterwards the boat brought us to the beach from the movie "The Beach" where we had to enter through a tiny cave in the cliffs and take a pathway to the actual beach. All around us were huge sea birds and lush greenery. It was breathtaking. On the way back, we watched the sunset and were given dinner. As we were riding back, exhausted and overwhelmed by activity and beauty, I turned to look out at the water and noticed that we were being followed by about seven dolphins, jumping and twisting through the water. Magical. My life will never be the same after this trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th May 2007

Now why would you stay here at RHI in Massachusetts when you can have everything you have there!? WOW! I am glad you are doing so well though. :o)
4th June 2007

umm..
The part about the giant clam was a little redundant, no? Jealous, Neil

Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb