Kantiang Bay Birthday


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
July 20th 2011
Published: July 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We were shown to our pre-booked bungalow which for the price was pretty rubbish, except for the tiny frog living under the sink…

We decided straight away that we didn’t want to stay more than one night and so spent most of the day trying to find someone to take us further down south. We rented a motorbike and found a tour agent who booked us a bamboo bungalow at Kantiang Bay View resort, a quieter and prettier beach 20 minutes away.

We were picked up at 10.30am and as soon as we had checked in headed into the sea. We rented a motorbike to get around town but spent our time doing pretty much nothing – which was the whole point in coming here! Angelo managed to ‘surprise’ Debbie with a birthday cake the night before her birthday and we sat in the bar drinking and singing along to the guitar until midnight when everyone sang Happy Birthday to Debbie in English, German, Italian, Spanish and Thai (which is the same as English but with a Thai accent!).

The following night, Debbie’s actual birthday, was spent in the same beachside bar with more singing, a lot more
Ang Ang Ang

He loves renting scooters!!
drinks and even a little fire acrobatics – needless to say the following day was a write-off.

We woke up at 6am on 15th to the sound of our alarm and pouring rain. By 7.20am we were on our way to the Malaysian border pleased with ourselves that we had chosen this miserable day to travel.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

with another brother...with another brother...
with another brother...

A srilankan/singaporian


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb