Hello, Bruce!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
November 10th 2005
Published: November 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Did you think you had lost us? this is not meant to be an outright call to Hal's dad, but rather for those of you who understand, a description of our activities of late. for those of you who dont understand, well, we will explain sometime soon.

Alas, we have been finding Nemo. And it turns out (we asked him) he didnt actually want to be found. He was happily enjoying himself in the warmth of the Andaman sea. He has made many new friends, and we are happy to report, is not considering swimming off the shelf anytime soon. while he misses his dad dearly, he couldnt bring himself to phone home and explain why his new domicile was a great improvement on the last. And as for Bruce, well, he's really quite small in real life, and not nearly as harmful as the jellyfish.

In other news, we went snorking.

when you are in Asia next, notice how there are always at least five staff for every guest at each resort just dying to bring you a tropical beverage or two, as they always assume you will be needing at least a pair. One for right now and one for your way to do nothing, I suppose. And because we are very talented at doing nothing, in a Western, multi-tasking fashion- drink in one hand, book in another- we are off to do a bit more of it. And no, you didnt lose us, we have just been temporarily displaced to an existence where it is just fine and dandy to do nothing. To the point that people are actually surprised when you decide to do something.

Love,
C+H
p.s. Plans changed and we are actually at a different place, check it out at www.srilanta.com

Advertisement



11th November 2005

Snorking with Hal
I went snorking one time with Hal. He nearly killed me with his snork. Snorking is not for children! Well, you should both be careful and have fun! I'm glad Hal is catching up on some sleep finally.
11th November 2005

snorks
I remember that show, The Snorks! I just wasn't aware that the title of these tiny cartoon creatures could also fall prey to superfluous noun-verbification. I also went smurfing once.
11th November 2005

you suck and i rule
i'm glad you are doing nothing. yay for nothing. i, on the other hand, am not on a tropical island, but rather, am slaving away oppressing the weak. the upshot of this situation is that seyfarth offered me a job on monday! word.

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb