The End of a Chapter but not the End of the Story


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
February 7th 2020
Published: February 7th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Our time in Thailand is quickly coming to an end. We spent the last few days on Ko Lanta trying to cram everything in.
We did a last long walk to Bamboo beach. Pia and Antti, our friends from Finland, came along too.
It turned out to be a lovely, if not sweaty, day out and we were happy to have shared the experience with them. ( not the sweaty bit!!)
After a long, much needed, siesta, we met up again that evening at Aleena mini mart for a beer and then went along to Irie Bar to see the live band there. Its the nearest thing to a night club here. Open air, lots of cushions on wooden platforms , a stage and a small dance floor. Lots of coloured lights and, of course, stars twinkling above us in a black sky.
The band were great and Pia and I joined in the dancing when they played La Bamba and a well known Thai song that goes " Do do do....." Gets everyone going!
7.30 Thursday morning we said our goodbyes to Beau the owner of Best House and jumped in a ' Taxi' to the pier at Saladan.
We were hustled onto a ferry which turned out to be quite ok. As we bordered we were ' funneled into one of two seating areas. Passengers bound for Phi Phi island in one and passengers bound for Phuket into another.
The ferry headed off towards Phi Phi island. As we got close about an hour later the ferry slowed and a bigger one came ploughing through the waves towards us, passengers going on to Phuket were ordered to go to the back of the ferry. As the big one pulled along side a man with a load speaker shouted to us to leave our luggage behind and transfer to this ferry. A wooden plank was put between the two ferries and we filed across. Then all the bags were thrown over and as we retrieved our own we made pur way into the seating area where bags were piled high one in top of the other.

Just another typical day's travel in Thailand!

Once we arrived at the pier in Phuket we were whisked off to a mini van, when fully loaded ( and I mean fully loaded, bags around feet and piled up to the roof at the back ) we set off to our final destination for the next couple of days. Bang Tao beach.

Not a lit to say about Bang Tao except that it has deteriorated since we were last here. Already we are missing Ko Lanta. But its a means to an end. Tomorrow at 5am we leave for the airport to Fly off to India.
So as one chapter ends another one begins. Watch this space to continue the story.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

On the ferry to PhuketOn the ferry to Phuket
On the ferry to Phuket

Not taking any chances


8th February 2020

Can’t wait to hear about India!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb