Koh Chang - Day Two


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Chang
May 4th 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got up just in time for breakfast today and then got ready for our excursion. We were going to go for a 2 hour elephant trek through the jungle! It cost us 900 BHT each but I think it was totally worth it! Our elephant was the cutest ever. She kept randomly stopping to eat along the trail and every time the guide was like "Hey! Keep going!" she'd just grab a bigger branch LOL!

Part of our trek was to go swimming with her at the end. She was SO excited to go swimming! Lots of elephant cheering and such once we hit the river. Hadeer and I had come prepared with our swimsuits so we were all set to go. We were't sure how the swimming part of it was going to work out but we were excited to find out.

Turns out we got to ride her BARE BACK into the river! Coolest feeling ever! She was all prancy once she hit the water and totally dunked us in once the water got deep enough. Swimming with her was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. I gave her a big hug, even after she stepped on my foot. There's also a quality photo of me falling off her back. The guides though it was hilarious.

Once our tour was done was headed back to the hotel to hit the beach and relax with some magazines/books and sun. It felt AMAZING! I could stay there forever. The water was so warm. It was liek stepping into a bath. Of course, I got burnt but no too bad I think.

We had dinner at 15 Palms again and then headed down the beach for a nice walk once the sun went down. There was a lot of lightning int he distance which was pretty cool to watch. They had a shisha bar further down the beach on Lonely Beach so we stopped there and got some apple flavoured shisha. It tasted like black licorise to me, but it was still fun. They had a good cover band going too and a nice set up with lounge chairs.

We stayed there till just after 10 and then stumbled down the beach back to 15 Palms for happy hour. It didn't last long though. We were pretty worn out, so just had a bit of dessert and a drink and said goodbye to our friends Sna and Eke. They were pretty cool.

Tomorrow we'll head back to Bangkok. Not really looking forward to the trek but hopefully it'll be better and faster than the last one...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb