Khao Sok National Park


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
August 25th 2017
Published: August 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Last night, when going to bed, Mollie and I had a fight with the mossie net. It had fallen down on us and we struggled a bit to tie it up again with some string I had in my bag (for ever Mary Poppins)
We were up at 4.15 ugh. The boys found a huntsman spider in their kettle, thought it was dead so, put it down the toilet but it crawled up again. That put George off his coffee!
Mollie was on her phone as usual while we were trying to get out of the door
In the dark we climbed the 100 plus steps to the reception and a young man, who didn't look strong enough, carried up our bags. The resort gave us packed breakfast (we hoped it wasn't curry)
We rumbled up and down the steep narrow lanes to the pier hearing cockrals crowing on the way.
All was calm as we boarded the ferry. The row of longtail boats were bobbing about at there moorings. I took a travel pill.
We watched the sun come up as we sped over the calm sea and I hummed Rudimental's As the Sun Comes Up'
A nice young man with his very little boy picked us up in his air con. mini bus when we arrived at Don Sak. The little boy sat in the front and had no harness, there's no health and safety here. Through the lush green country side with jagged limestone hills jutting into the sky we went on our three hour drive to Khoa Sok the oldest evergreen rain forest in the world
We have very nice cabins next to each other in our jungle resort. The lunch was wonderful, with a good variety of dishes, in the restaurant next to the river.
In the afternoon we were picked up and taken further down the river to meet two men with their canoes. They took us down the river through the jungle and pointed out three black and yellow snakes coiled in the trees at various points and a large lizard, of some sort, in a tree that scurried away when it heard us. We stopped for a while under a cliff that over hung us with stalactights dripping. They boiled a very black kettel and made us coffe and tea with biscuits and very small bananas. What a magical trip through the rain forest with amazing limestone cliffs towering above us.
I was so tired that I missed dinner and just went to bed and slept for ten hours. The others went for dinner and saw fireflies. They also decided to get on a raft on the river but jumped off quickly when they realized it was covered in coackroaches.
In the night i could hear torrential monsoon rain and squawking jungle noises


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



30th August 2017

Thought you
were back. You look as if you are having a wonderful trip. The children must have adored it and how it has opened their eyes to the world. So lovely for everyone.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb