On The Move


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Chumphon
December 18th 2008
Published: December 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Goodbye to Koh Tao FriendsGoodbye to Koh Tao FriendsGoodbye to Koh Tao Friends

Ash (owner of The Drop Zone Bar) and Nit (Our Boatman) as we leave Koh Tao
Plans change.... and it's a beautiful thing.

We awoke on Tuesday morning, the day of our departure from Koh Tao and thought...nope. We need another day. What a perfect decision that was! We did more of what honeymooners do (wink-wink), strolled around town, more massage, more thai food and on our way home passed a cool joint called Utopia. The owner, Willem was watching a great concert video "Concert for Monserrat(sp?)". We were hooked in we went to enjoy the music, have a cocktail and talk music. He shared a fabulous video of a jazz guitarist Stanley Jordan - Craig if you're checking in you've got to see this guy!

Further confirmation of our decision to stay, was made apparent the next morning when the seas calmed and we enjoyed the best snorkeling so far in Janson Bay. The fishes swarmed around us, large schools of fish swam by, incredible wood mushroom-like corals with irridescent(sp?) fish darting in and out. Amazing.

Time to move on, we packed up and offered up a prayer to the deck, to the bed, the view ...giving thanks to this honeymoon space of love and laughter.

We found ourselved in big indecision
Thrilled to be Off the FerryThrilled to be Off the FerryThrilled to be Off the Ferry

We boarded bus to Chumphorn - always love the fancy Thai curtains.
about which direction we should go next. North toward Bangkok and over toward Cambodia? Or south, toward Surat Thani and on to Koh Lipe near the Malaysian border? Okay, time for a coin toss. Cambodia it is. But of course we have an ongoing guideline that "plans can change at anytime".

So we caught a ferry over to Chumphon...

Expectation: A nice sunny cruise through beautiful water, reading, chatting with people, relaxing.
Reality: Rough seas, getting wet and tossed around, fighting sea-sickness and getting chilled.

Next a bus ride (dig the blue curtains) into town and to a place we'd heard about "Fame Guesthouse". They were booked but everything is soooo easy here! They simply walked us down the street the another place called "Mazayes Guesthouse". Here we got one room with a fan for one night...150 bhat ($4.25). And only one cockroach!

We catch train to Bangkok today, will stay for one night and then will head down by bus toward Cambodia.

We think.

On a more personal note, we have been consistantly practicing our 'daily devotional' and locking in a new level of merging and heart opening. I am deeply grateful that
One Night StandOne Night StandOne Night Stand

One night was enough. Simple room, friendly people, but one 8 legged guest too many.
Simon is my best friend, spritual partner and teacher. As we leave the 'honeymoon' phase of our trip and enter the 'adventure' phase, I don't know what journies will will take both inner and outer - but I trust it's ultimate perfection. I continue to embrace this trip as "the trip of a lifetime" so that should this be the last one of my life, I am fulfilled.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Farang Guest HouseFarang Guest House
Farang Guest House

Italian breakfast before leaving for Bankok. Who knew they backed such great Fococcia in Thailand.


18th December 2008

Now that's what I call being in the moment. Enjoy the ride. Hugs, Tricia

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb