The Beach


Advertisement
Published: October 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Beach

Bobbing along on this rickety boat, we couldn't fathom there being anyone else in the world. Turning in every direction, the excited blue sky blanketed us; the harbour rapidly morphed from a busy port, to a speck of grey, to an enchanting mist. Everything would disappear in a moment behind the wake of the boat. Shockingly beautiful, randomly placed rock formations would rise up infront of our eyes, quickly to recede again into the velvet mist.

This stunning national treasure was protected so- Ang Thong National Marine Park. Looking at the film, 'The Beach', you'd see parts of it were filmed in amongst these rocks, in the crevaces of the caves, and above the breathtakingly real lime waters circling a mysterious chemistry of lime rocks. So, Mr. DiCaprio would have sailed these waters, or more likely seen them from the skies as his helicopter circled, finding a suitable place to land, if this of course is not prohibted under its rightly protective laws.

Being so near to the exuberance of Bangkok city, you maybe wouldn't expect us to be so distant from it. But I can tell you, I felt far away, further than an aeroplane could take me. We sailed for maybe an hour or two, I couldn't tell you how long, and on board there was food layed out and something akin to a water-butt which did actually hold water surprisingly! You could go down below where there was an open space at the front to lie on and see an unmoving pale sky; or you could stand at either side with a constant, gently forceful wind brushing your cheeks.

It felt like we were sailing away...




Advertisement



6th November 2010

Marine Insurance Quotes:- Australia
Yes, I agree with you that when at sea sailing we can't know where time has past.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb