Cardboard Car


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand
February 11th 2016
Published: February 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 10 February
Every one here in Thailand is very respectful and we are greeted with clasped hands prayer-like to the face and either 'hello' or 'thank you very much' in Thai, wherever we go, village or city. There is a male and female form, unfortunately the pronunciation of both is very difficult to Western tongues, Paula decided it was easier to mumble it behind raised hands saying either Cardboard Car (female) and Cardboard Crap (male) and so far it seems to work. Given time She could bring a complete 'Stanley Unwinism' to the Thai language! (Yes, Paula had to google Stanley Unwin to understand this statement) Following Alf's careful directions, we make our way to........... Boots the chemist at the East Gate of the city. Same, same - from blue plastic shopping baskets to familiar products, we replenish all things bathroom! Today we decide to chill out around the Hotel and local Chiang Mai area. Most of the other guests are noisy and rather rude Chinese, thankfully most of them leave by lunchtime leaving us the only guests around the pool and we catch up on our mail and blog. In the evening we meet Alf and Marilyn for a final meal before going our separate ways. We decide to eat at the Night Market, a huge local market where bartering is essential. We will return to buy tomorrow. Good food and company, said farewell to our friends and tuck tukked home to hotel. Had a completely chilled out day doing very little, nice change.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.442s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb