Back to the village ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Phitsanulok
December 28th 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.82, 100.27

Made a toilet stop at the Indo-China INtersection just outside of Phitsanulok. There is a large signpost here pointing to far distant cities in other countries of the region; Kuala Lumpur, Yangon, Hanoi, Danang 1010km. We arrive at Khon Kaen about 7:30 and are just in time to use the toilets (take a deep breath and pinch you nose closed !) before catching the bus to Phon Thong. Arrive in town about 10:45 and take a rickety old tuk-tuk out to the village. Find Jai's mum's stuff everywhere but all in all it wasnt as bad or as dirty as I had expected it to be. We open some mail that brings good and bad news wit it. Xmas cards from Mum, Pam and Sue and a letter from the British Embassy refusing Jai a visa to come to the UK next year ! They are saying the same as the immigration chap at Heathrow told us when we left that Jai had overstayed her visa by three weeks last year. The chap at the airport changed his mind and told me that it was all OK after a short chat but I am not able to talk to anyone at the Embassy about this. Not sure what we will do at the moment but probably will have to reapply early next year with a letter of explanation - Happy New Year already !! Jai starts to clean up whilst I unpack. Eat a quick lunch then a lazy afternoon in the garden. I am surprised to see the veggies all looking good as one of Jai's sisters, Begat, has actually been watering for us whilst we have been away.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb