Day 70 Starting the travels again, flying to Bangkok, Thailand from Heathrow, London via Amman,Jordan.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Phitsanulok
January 25th 2015
Published: January 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Followers and fellow bloggers,



As most of you know, Neil lost his Dad on 02.01.15 due to a blood clot in his heart. It was a terrible shock to all of Malcolm’s family and friends; words just cannot describe it.



Malcolm’s send off however would have been everything he’d want and more, which was arranged by his family on the 21st Jan. The funeral was held at St Edwards Church in Netley, with an estimated turn out of about 300+ people, many of which had to stand at the back of the church and once that was overflowing, a large number waited outside in the rain!! The service was perfect; Neil read his funny/ tear jerking Eulogy and Adam read a very moving poem. After the proceedings, everyone went over to the Netley Central Club for a whiskey Wake. There was a buffet laid out; and many, many, photographs on a projector loop put together by Gemma and Shaw. It really was a bitter, sweet day.



So we have decided to continue on with our travels. We left Saturday 24th Jan for Bangkok. Thank you Gemma and Shaw for the lift to the airport!!



We’re starting the journey where we would have been at this point had we done the loop around Vietnam and Laos. So after a 4 hour flight to Jordon, a two hour layover, a 7 hour flight to Bangkok, a 5 hour wait for the train, a 7 hour train to Phitsanulok (north of Bangkok), then a short taxi to our hostel……we have finally arrived at our destination at 3am on Monday!!!



There were a few times in between we asked why are we putting ourselves through it….hopefully the future blogs and photos will answer that question.



It is so much easier travelling together though, as we could take it in turns to go out from the station without all our bags to get wifi and food. Apart from keeping ourselves entertained with books, music, spooks (which we still haven’t finished) and people watching, there wasn’t anything particularly eventful to report.



Much needed sleep



P.S I have included the photos from the Royal palace in Phenm Phen, Cambodia as they never got added due to my Dads passing away!!!.



Love V&N xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb