Day 6, 7, 8 & 9: Pai - heaven on earth!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
June 21st 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Woke up in chiang mai, packed our bags and got picked up by our mini bus to be taken to pai. Jumping on the bus met our good american mate josh.... bus journey took approx 3hrs.... Scenery was amazin. After arriving in pai and booking ourselves into a secluded riverside hut for 50p/night, we explored the town on foot which took as little as 5mins. went to our 1st bar where we had a mohito and mai tai cocktail each, chillin on comfy pillows on the floor. That night we went to watch the disgraceful england match in a bar where we met our crazy irish friend dave and the rest of his gang.


Next day we got ourselves a motorbike and set about exploring northwest thailand. For the next 3 days life consisted of drivin from waterfall to ancient villages to hilltop tribes to caves and other natural wonders. Other highlights included being chased by wild horses along dirttracks to feeding the local elephants and visiting the hotsprings and canyons. BUT the nights are a different matter altogether...... we've managed to get pally with the local crowd, which is a mix of local thais along with other travellers who planned to come to pai for a few days which has eventually turned into months and years (in pai you lose all sense of time). Our new friends have introduced us to a crazy arena which consists of nothing but buckets of ale and fire.... the night consists of drunk locals encoraging travellers to give the fire skipping and swinging a try + deep house beats = great night..... the name of the place could not sum itself up better .... ting tong (means CRAZY in thai).

Would love to tell more but there is too much to say, plus we have hammocks and chang beer calling our name!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 77, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



21st June 2010

I enjoyed your photos and post from Thailand. They remind me of when I was there. I loved it! My blog is looking for travel photos, reviews, etc, to share. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email me at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your travels! Heather :)
22nd June 2010

fab!!
aww it looks like ur havin a fab time keep the pics an the videos com,in we all miss u xx
14th July 2010

wow
i love ur blog, i really want to do something like this now it looks amazing, am made up up ur loving it take care miss yas xxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 65; dbt: 0.111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb