chiang rai also means chiang rain........


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Rai
July 29th 2013
Published: July 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So we've been in chiang rai for a couple of days now and boy is it the rainy season ere! Defo wetter up north, bit like home really........

Had a chilled one yesterday as all the activities have caught up with us, just went to the night bazaar for a beer n a mooch.

Been to the white temple today which is amazing to say the least and still unfinished. We got a tuk tuk which we were not entirely sure whether it was licensed or not?.......just an old man n his wife offering to take us there for 300 baht which is nowt to us, our original plan was to cycle but the rain was too heavy. Anyway all was fine and they took us there, waited for us then brought us back. It was a good 30 min journey each way, made me feel very sad for them as they must be so poor to offer such a thing for around 6 quid to us......

We have booked a private tour tomoz which will eventually drop us off at chiang kong which is where we cross the border into laos and take the slow boat into luang prabang. On the way we will stop at the karen long neck tribe up in the mountains, chiang saen and the golden triangle where we will see where thailand, myanmar (burma) and laos meet.

Been to the hill tribe museum to give us a taster of what to expect tomoz, then onto chiang rai's cabbages n condoms, nice food but not a patch on the bangkok one.

Peace n love xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



29th July 2013

Er...... hello.........
Hi'a guys...... loving the blog.... keep it coming.... if you find a pasty shop, let me know..!!! x

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb