Chiang Rai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Rai
June 30th 2013
Published: June 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

TodayToday we left Chiang Mai and headed off in a mini bus for Chiang Rai. The journey took around four hours, but we stopped on the way at a farm shop to sample and buy dried fruits. There was a great selection strawberries, pineapple,coconut,mango and various sorts of nuts with different coatings. When we stopped at Chiang Rai we visited a modern day temple which had been designed by a Thai sculptor. It was all white and mirrored glass and there was only one gold ornamental pice which was reminiscent of the old temples. On some of the canopies people could pay a fee to the temple write a message on a charm and the monks would say a prayer for good karma. There were thousands see in the pictures. The temple was surreal depicting hands reaching from he'll and modern day gargoyles. The rest of the day was spent travelling onward to our destination for the night which was across the border into Laos at Chiang Clong. We spent the night in a basic guest house where the guy who owned it had studied at Sorbonne and was a professor!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb