Sawadee kaap


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Rai
February 23rd 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Feb 23rd

We're back!!! ... in thailand that is.

This morning I awoke after sleeping all night (thank god) and felt much better.

We went for breakfast the same place that we ate dinner the night before, there only seem to be about 4 places in huayxai to eat. I ordered bacon and eggs and was presented with 2 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, a salad, and 5 SLICES OF TOAST. Same same, but kinda wierd.
after breakfast we headed off to catch the ferry.

The ferry turned out to be little more than a long wooden canoe with a motor on it, but it was cheap (10000 kip) and safe enough for the 3 minute trip across the mekong and into thailand.

After a quick pass through passport control, we hopped on a tuktuk which took us right to a waiting bus to chiang rai. The bus was one of the local busses but was one of the more comfortable rides we've had so far. It took about 2 and a half hours to get here on decent roads the whole way.

Upon arrival we took a tuktuk to a guesthouse we picked out of the guidebook. They were full so we asked for a reccommendation for another place. We ended up at the Tourist guesthouse, which for 400 baht has AC, a hot shower and in room wifi. It seems to be a pretty nice place. The man behind the counter was really friendly and they appear to bake lots of fresh breads and such every morning.

After checking in we went for a stroll around the area. We seem to be right in the thick of the tourist area, which is a-okay with me. We found a nice little restaurant where I got a tasty fried pork and basil salad, which was quite spicy and delicious. As I was eating it I thought i may regret it what with all my tummy issues the last couple days, but its treating me well so far.

Tomorrow we're going to check out the white temple, something we've both been excited about since we started planning this trip. I can't wait to see keanu reaves on the wall fighting superman.

Anyhow, thats all i've got for now. I can't believe were down to our last couple weeks of vacation. It feels like we've been gone forever, but at the same time I wish we could keep going for even longer.... and then I get homesick and think its about the right amount of time.

Advertisement



23rd February 2010

Good to hear your feeling better, bro!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb