Finally arrive in Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
November 4th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 18.8, 98.98

We drive on for about 10mins before stopping again for another 20mins break for everyone to eat. Noodles etc at 01:00, I dont think so.
We drive on again and pass the IndoChina junction where new road signs tell the distances to far away Asian cities; Yangon Burma and Danang Vietnam at 1010km amongst them.
We continue through the night to Lampang where the mountains start. There is a very heavy fog and visibility is down to about 100m. It clears up as we climb with the bus having to actually stop a couple of times having problems selecting a gear. As we cross the high point and start our descent he seems to be making up for lost time !! The fog has gone and we can now see low lying cloud in the valleys between the mountains. We pass through Lamphun and finally arrive in Arcade bus station Chiang Mai at 07:20. More than 12hrs. Same as the flight London to Bangkok only without the in flight entertainment, cooked meals and alcohol !! We have also had to endure consistent turbulence for the entire journey. But, we are here.
Take a tuk-tuk to Kong Court Guest House and straight to our room, same as usual No 308. It still fells as though I am moving on the bus so we stretch out for 15mins to let things settle down.
Walk to the Wararot market in Chinatown for our blah tong go and coffee breakfast that we nearly always eat when in town.
Get back to the room and it is still just short of 09:00 and with little sleep under my belt the last couple of nights I am pretty tired.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb