Riding Day 1. Chiang Mai – Doi Inthanon – Mae Sariang (170 miles)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
November 9th 2015
Published: November 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Group PhotoGroup PhotoGroup Photo

Riders from Thailand, USA, Australia, China, United Kingdom, and Germany.
Today, we kicked-off our ten day motorcycle tour around northern Thailand. I am part of a twelve person group that includes our Thai tour guide Noah, two couples from Australia, three individual riders from the United Kingdom, a couple from China, and an individual rider from Germany. As the day progressed and everyone got to know each other, it was interesting hearing the different stories of adventure, places everyone has traveled, and where they are going next. One of the ladies from Australia was teaching nursing in the neighboring country of Laos. After finishing her teachings, she and her husband decided to take a couple weeks and tour Thailand by motorcycle before heading back down under. One of the individuals from the U.K. is on a six week journey traveling through the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong. Most everyone on this tour has visited Cambodia and Vietnam and are more than eager to give me advise about my upcoming travel to these two countries. So I currently find myself surrounded by like-minded people who love to travel, ride motorcycle, seek-out adventure and live life to the fullest. It’s going to be a great next 10 days.



Our ride today started at 8:30am where we traveled from our hotel in Chiang Mai to the small town of Mae Sariang. We rode the highway heading south of Chiang Mai to Doi Inthanon National Park, reaching the highest peak in Thailand, 8,415 ft above sea level. We then rode along the winding mountain road through pine forest scenery where we stopped alongside the road for a cool pineapple smoothie. We continued on, until reaching Vachiratharn waterfalls, one of Thailand’s most popular waterfalls. We also made stops at Thailand's Royal pagodas and botanical gardens. The weather today was sunny and warm and the roads had very little traffic; a perfect day of riding.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Doi Inthanon National ParkDoi Inthanon National Park
Doi Inthanon National Park

The highest peak in Thailand, 2.565 meter above sea level
Rice field at Mae ChaemRice field at Mae Chaem
Rice field at Mae Chaem

View from our balcony in the small town of Mae Chaem where we stopped for lunch at a local restaurant
Rice field at Mae ChaemRice field at Mae Chaem
Rice field at Mae Chaem

View from our balcony in the small town of Mae Chaem where we stopped for lunch at a local restaurant
Rice TerracesRice Terraces
Rice Terraces

Rice terraces along the route to Mae Sariang
Cool Traffic SignCool Traffic Sign
Cool Traffic Sign

Cool Traffic Sign along the route to Mae Sariang


12th November 2015

day 1
Glad you are enjoying yourself and meeting people with same interest. I love the waterfalls and the botanical garden. Keep taking pictures. ?❤?
12th November 2015

day 1
Glad you are enjoying yourself and meeting people with same interest. I love the waterfalls and the botanical garden. Keep taking pictures. ?❤?

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb