Elephant training


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 18th 2013
Published: January 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Back again and now to our elephant training!!

First we learnt 8 commands in Thai like forward back foot up (to get on) etc. This was like being at school because we were then going to prectise with our elephants!! We strolled down to meet them, stoke them feed them ect then had to climb on using commands and practise with our elephants. Getting on was quite a challenge as they are big and wide !!! We then went on trek 2 per elephant,and guess who had to lead -yes me giving commands like left right very exciting and bit scary !! We even had a baby elephant in tow as we were riding mum and she was BIG!! Will John's thighs recover!!!? We then swapped and John took control!!!!! We then led them down to the river where we took them in and ,,,,,,,,washed them- it was so amazing they loved it and squirted us with their trunks!!! Thinking this was it we climbed out of the water only to re mount for a smim on their backs, They swam out into a lake and went up and down with us laughing our heads off hanging on to their ears!!! What an experience- you could never get this anywhere else it was truly unforgetable!!! The elepants are all rescue ones and our money goes for their upkeep and well being.... so we were doing good as well as having fun!!!

One more day here - more time for markets- tee hee John is grimacing - more bartering needed- then off to Hanoi.

So that's it from the supreme elephant trainers!!!!

Advertisement



18th January 2013

Ex-Teacher?!?!
Wow - I would not want to be your teacher having to mark the punctuation and spelling on that-shambles!! Great blog though-elephant training sounds awesome. Please stop using the word amaze-balls though-it sickens me ;) x

Tot: 0.029s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb