Chang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 18th 2013
Published: January 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well we have continued our travels in Chang Mai!!!

Our cooking course was excellent- we even had to shop in the market for our food after brief intro from our chef on the very unusual fruit and veg. Our food was great -stir fry and yellow curry and a very strange fish dish tied up in banana leaves and yes we ate them all !!!!

We then arranged our own trip to San Kamphaeng hot springs yes quite the back backers I hear you say !!! The spring flew up 30 metres and the water was 105 degrees. you bought eggs in a wicker basket and hung them in the water and that with rice cakes , was lunch !!!There was a stream where you could paddle- very hot still but then a mineral swimmimg pool where you swam in the beautiful heated water !!! Then had soothing foot massage- John's was a bit vigorous must be those tight ham strings!!!

On way back stopped at Bo Sang and saw traditional bamboo umbrellas being made.

In evening suddenly saw Thai Boxing advertised so , being adventurous in we went!! Saw amazing kicks and rituals but I was pleased- no blood!!

Now MOST AMAZEBALLS= ELEPHANT TRAINING !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb