THE KAHNS IN THAILAND: PART II – Chapter 2 "Family Coping Mechanisms"


Advertisement
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 13th 2012
Published: December 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

THE KAHNS IN THAILAND: PART II – Chapter 2 KEEPING IT KID-FRIENDLY It doesn’t take a genius to know that the key to successful travel with kids is to be sure to include plenty of activities geared towards their idea of fun. While it seemed counter to any of the objectives of our trip, let alone the cultural and geographic context of our current location, we nevertheless felt duty bound a... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




30th December 2012

Elephants etc.
You have certainly seen Chiang Mai in a way we never did! The elephant visits look wonderful, would have done that too had it existed back when, but we had to watch them dragging teak logs around at their work place in the jungle, that was it. The Surin Elephant Roundup was our only chance to ride or see them otherwise. Wish you had more photos of hill tribe visits, did you get up into the hill area at all? How about the Karen or the Meo - there are so many different fabrics to tempt you it was perhaps better NOT to go!? So pleased that you had quality time with Khun Mai, sorry your full enjoyment of your lunch was cut short. Thank goodness you are a capable nurse and your patients recovered and soldiered on with their sightseeing duties. Looking forward to all the impressions that will come back to you when you retell some of your stories here next month. The thousands of photos must be clogging up your cameras or your USB sticks....we certainly enjoy the ones chosen for the blog entries! So grateful for the time you take to send these out to the world! Happy days in Malaysia and Happy New Year!

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb