Happy New Year!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
April 19th 2010
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sawadeekaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
Hello from Thailand!

The last few weeks has been so different for me, In India I really felt like I was traveling, but here in Thailand I feel like I'm on holiday! Lewis coming to join us for his three week holiday may have had something to do with this and now being slightly over budget has reflected that, but this will all change. Back to eating from all the little local cafe's 25Baht meals which is about 50p, will be back on track in no time at all.

With Lewis with us we went on a 2 day jungle trek, stayed with a long neck tribe overnight, did white water rafting and elephant riding. The river was very low so no 'white waters' but was still fun for us all. Went to visit temples (Lewis 'High Fiving' the monks), hot springs ('No Boil Egg') and various ping pong bars/clubs and restaurants. We went to a fish spa in Pai where the little fishies come and nibble all the dead skin off your little feeties. It was very strange at first but eventually just felt like pins and needles. We went on a zipline course in the jungle too called 'Jungle flight', It was really good fun and the pics will explain all.

We took part in Sonkran festival which was basically a week long waterfight to celebrate new year (with ice cold water) all night street parties and lots of hawaiian shirts. Basically something that would never be able to happen in England without people getting drunk and fighting! The closest we came to any trouble was when an American jock (drunk of course) barged pass us in a bar and turned with a face that said ''I'm an American, I have a beard and I'm not afraid to use it'', which we all looked and laughed in return, offered him a tissue/hug/biscuit and went on our way. F*rking Idiot.

Due to being slightly ahead of budget, we have decided to stay here in Chiang Mai until the 21st and save a few pennies rather that spend alot getting to Laos, stay for a week and pay to get to Vietnam. So we've reluctantly scrapped Laos and are flying to Vietnam when our visa starts on the 22nd.

I can't believe that half the trip is already over! It's May in 8 days! That means about 6 weeks left Noooooo! Sorry It's been a while and I'm sorry people aren't pooing in the streets to keep you entertained like they were in India. Lets see what Vietnam has to offer!

Speak soon and happy new year to Anida!

Elliott x


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sh*tpiss elephantSh*tpiss elephant
Sh*tpiss elephant

Hello Lewis!
Sonkran FestivalSonkran Festival
Sonkran Festival

Go Face Face!
Jungle FlightJungle Flight
Jungle Flight

Face Face didn't like being pushed off so she grabbed the over head lines and had to be fished back in.


30th April 2010

I demand more poo in these updates. Please can you at least do a little one for me? x

Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb