Chiang mai, original home of the insane thai.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 28th 2010
Published: February 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Feb 28th

Ahhh Chiang mai, quite an exciting city. Theres alot to do here.

A couple nights ago we went down to the night market, it is a gigantic, sprawling affair with pretty much anything imaginable availible for purchase (at a good price if you can barter). I picked up a new watch to replace my cambodian rolex, which failed to keep accurate time. This time I opted for a Brietling, which is the official watch of bently, this one is bigger, flashier and more expensive than the rolex, because I apparently have developed an affinity for fancy knockoff watches.

Last night we went down to the "reggae district, which is pretty much a small collection of regae bars down the street from the food market. There we bought some tickets for the "smile music festival". After a nice italian dinner we headed back there to a waiting sangthrew which was bringing people to the festival grounds. 20 minutes later we arrived at a beautiful area of a national park, right next to a lake, in the shadow of a mountain they had a large stage setup, along with several bonfires burning and an area set up for a fire show.

The concert was really awesome, with reggae, blues and ska bands playing. It was a well attended event with somewhere between 500 and a thousand people there (dont ask me, I was drunk.)

Anyways, today i woke up hungover and cranky. After nice thai-style club sandwich (egg instead of chicken) for breakfast we went to the chiang mai zoo.
The zoo was so big and confusing that we maybe only saw a quarter of it, but among the things we did see we're elephants having sex (more like the male trying to have sex with the female, with mixed results) and parrots riding bicycles.
Our ride home was probably the highlight for me. Our tuktuk driver was INSANE!!! All the while singing and trying to sell us his cd.

anyways, were gonna check out the sunday market today and see what crazy crap we can buy there. If anyone wants anything from thailand, now is the time to ask.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb