Leaving Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 27th 2009
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It's time to leave Baan Nam Ping. We have enjoyed our stay here, and Chiang Mai. We have all become fond of Eddie at the resort, particularly Harry who is always at his side. We checked out at 12.00 and went to the train station. Unfortunately no sleepers on the 9.00 train, so we book sitting up (still can’t work out ticket pricing, the more popular the route, the higher the price I think) and we head into town to the markets. They close one of the main streets at 4.00 for the walking street market, so we did a smaller one first. Got some lunch, kids had noodles (it's taken Corry 4 weeks to try the noodles) and I had Pad Krapow Gai, Chili chicken stir fry, and Christine and Harry had an omelet and rice, Christine’s with a Red Curry pork stir fry over it, that recipe is worth remembering. On to walking street, and this is a really good market, a lot of different things. Christine bought a basket and some pottery, and we bought a superb bowl in green pottery. Isabella, Harry and Liam got some Henna tattoos and back to the train station by tuk tuk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Corry and MumCorry and Mum
Corry and Mum

Mum loves the self portrait


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb