A very different Xmas


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 25th 2009
Published: December 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's XmasIt's XmasIt's Xmas

Isabella and Liams tree
It is not possible to have a traditional Xmas whilst away, so we wont even try. Some cities in Asia seem to be very Christmassy, Kuala Lumpur and Khon Kaen in particular, really strange really. Then there are the mixed up religions, such as Christmas music in the resort on Xmas Eve, with the monks chanting across the river at the temple, or my favourite in Central Market in Kuala Lumpur with the Christmas Carols playing, and the Muslim Woman selling Buddha statues.

Harry was up early, Isabella and Liam had made a tree from fern fronds, and Santa had found us. The kids opened their presents and we wandered down to breakfast, more of the same xmas music playing. The kids played with presents for a while, then went for a swim. After catching up with family at home, we went for a walk around the area, quite interesting looking at the way everyone lives, some nice teak homes in the area too. At the market Corry had a Panaeng curry for a snack, and we found somewhere reasonable for washing, the resort prices are close to the replacement cost of the clothes!

Christine got Eddie from the resort to run the washing down with her, and then we had dinner in the resort restaurant.

Not a normal Xmas, but it was a nice day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



27th December 2009

vIEWED NEWS TO DATE
lOVED THE GIBON RIDES LOOKED SCARY BUT FUN GLAD EVERYONE MADE IT cHRISTMAS dAY DIFFERENT mISSED YOU ALL GOODTO TALK TO YOU hAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR lOVE FROM AUNTY NOAL AND mUM XXXXXXXXXXX COME HOME SAFTLYXXXXX

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb