Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 22nd 2009
Published: December 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Chiang Rai reasonably early, the bus station just around the corner from where we were staying. Went to buy the tickets, and told the next bus at 1.00pm. After some discussion we discovered most buses leave from the new bus station. We caught a sangthaew out there and got on a 10.00am bus.

The trip was very scenic, through the mountains (Christine was saying I think I can, I think I can up the hills as the bus went to the lowest gears and crawled up), and one stop along the way. It took about 3 1/2 hours to get to Chiang Mai.

In Chiang Mai we needed a sangthaew to get out to our accommodation. We are staying out of the city in a resort www.baannamping.com and amongst six or so drivers they eventually worked out where it was.

The place is really nice, we have three rooms, with the kids at the other end to us which isn't all bad. There is a pool, bikes and canoes. The rooms are really quite large, there is a restaurant area that is nice to relax in.

We had dinner at the resort, servings quite small compared to most places we have eaten, and played cards and talked after dinner.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb