Cooking up a storm!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 30th 2008
Published: April 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Whilst in Chiang Mai we decided to do a cookery course to try and learn some Thai cooking to inflict upon friends and family when we return! As we couldn't decide between 2 schools - we did both! The first day was at the Baan Thai cookery course and we started by doing some vegetable carving. This was good fun but I don't think it's one of our strengths!! We then cooked sweet and sour chicken, seafood in coconut milk, Panang Curry including the paste and finished with mango with stciky rice. We had to eat what we cooked so were stuffed by the end!! No need for dinner!

The following day we went to 'The Best Thai cookery school'. This was 13km out of town and set in the teacher's house. There were quite a lot of us doing the course but it was set up well. We started with a trip to the market to learn about local ingedients - the vegetables, fruit, rice and spices used in thai cooking. We cooked different dishes to each other so that we could learn double the amount!! We now have quite a repetoire! The teacher was very excitable and did an adventurous type of cooking - adding water to the oil to make it burst into flames!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb