3 days, 2 nights of torture...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 22nd 2008
Published: January 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well...we signed up for 3 days and 2 nights of trekking not 2 days and 1 night or even 1 day...no...we did 3 days and 2 nights! It was pure torture but we loved it. On day one we did elephant riding and half day of trekking uphill....uphill! It was so hot...I felt I was on fire, I had the cold and my heart was racing. I couldn't keep up. Stef was a trooper though. After half day of torture we got to the village where we were spending the night. We... a group of 8 people...slept in a huge hut made of bamboo with a veranda and all. It was awesome. We stayed with the black lahu village in the mountains. The nights got really cold...brrr. They promised us hot shower...well!...the shower was so cold it stopped your breath! It was torture! Notice the theme of my blog??? On day two it was an ENTIRE day of trekking...god! Now my muscles were aching from the day before. That night we stayed at another village this time just 4 of us. We stayed with a family...it was quite nice. That night after another "hot" shower, stef and I spent the night praying for it to be over...it was sooooooooo cold. The next morning...day three...u guessed it...more trekking. This time it was all downhill...whew! Our guide, Thon (stef is in love!) was so informative about the mountains. We really enjoyed our trek with him. He's so smart and he made trekking fun. We then finished off our trek with white water rafting and bamboo rafting...which was kinda lame but still fun. We went back to chiang mai, booked our tickets for pai and bangkok. We were both sooooooo sore...it hurt to walk up the stairs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb