In the jungle the mighty jungle...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai » San Kamphaeng
March 22nd 2012
Published: March 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

So...we catch a 12 hour nightbus from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to a hostel called.. NicePlace2 and they weren't kidding..it was pretty nice!

Anyway we book a 3 day jungle trek into the national park and find ourselves in a fantastic group of 7 being tuk tuk'd to a remote viliage where nobody speaks english and they fed us and sent us on a little trek to an even smaller villiage where we met our english speaking guide, David Beckham and his buddies, Java, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt.

We Spent the afternoon there playing poker, walking around talking pictures of the locals and helping them make rice then our famous friends make us dinner and treated us to a dance performance by the locals. And we all slept in one hut on the ground .. it was comfortable..kind of..

The next day we trekked again through the dense jungle until we came to our lunch spot where we spent a few hours playing in a waterfall and trying our hands at fishing without much success! And lunch was served in homemade bamboo bowls, 2 minute noodles never tasted so good!

Then we hiked some more until we reached our second villiage, which was even smaller than the first and spent the night playing cards and sitting around the fire. But the beds were not as great and everybody froze... who would've thought we'd be cold in Thailand!

The next day we got up and there was an elephant and her baby waiting to take us for a ride down the river were we were to get off and walk some more to our next adventure, Bamboo river rafting!

It's safe to say we officially have jungle fever 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Elephants!Elephants!
Elephants!

Our friends with Beckham on the elephant


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb