STILL IN CHIANG MAI


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai » San Kamphaeng
January 12th 2012
Published: January 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

our rooftop patio our rooftop patio our rooftop patio

goodwill guest house
We,ve been in chiang mai 4 days now, for those of you who are looking for a good cheap guest house to stay I highly recommend the goodwill, easy acces to the city but quiet, it has a kitchen on the roof where guests gathers to exchange stories. Cliff and Tukta our friends from canada who live in chiang mai have been touring us around everyday. After our tour of the temple and the kings summer home. Sean and I walked to night market, did not really eat there, but had expesive italian ice cream, (for our budget anyway) We've been eating our dinners at the goodwill our bagette , cheese and meats.

Yesterday cliff and tukta picked us up again at 9.00 am. they drove us to there house in numboluang village about 35 min from chiang mai., cliff had it built 2 years ago. we really liked it.

From there they took us somewhere by the river banks where we sat and had lunch, the lunch was brought to us by pulley down in a basket, we watched tourist going down the river in bamboo rafts while we had lunch, it was an unexpected treat. from there we went to bantawai market which specializes in hand crafted carved teak wood. there was spectacular workmanship. back home by 5.00.

We walked again to the city we started our walk a 6 and walked non stop till ww got back at 8.30. We found a thai fruit/vegetable market that was just about closing for the day, we bought a bunch of banada , pineaple, mangoes and papaya for our morning breakfast, all for under 3.00.

Today at 9.00 am again, they picked us up. ( I guess were pretty lucky ) We went to Sankhampang hot springs, theres mineral bath , hot pools to soak of feet, flower garden and the novelty of boilling a basket of eggs in the one of the hot spring pools behond the giser, what an experience.

From there we drove to the umbrella factory, where you can watch the process of how they make those wonderfull bamboo umbrellas , each station has its process, the last is the painting of different design. They asked if you want to have something painted, anything you have shoes, cell phone covers, shirts whatever. That is where Sean found a mulberry paper scroll and had the map of thailand painted on it, great souvenir.

Instead of dropping us off at the goodwill, we asked to get drop off at Tukta's dentists. (dental work is thailand is innexpensive) and she had mentioned she had to stop in to make an appointment anyway. Wow after 30 minutes wait I was in for a cleaning and a filling for 1400 bht (50,00 cdn) We walked home in about 1/2 from there.

We are thinking of leaving for chiang rai tomorrow, but we will wait for tomorroe, its nice not to plan in advance. keep on checking and find out


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

our ups truck at workour ups truck at work
our ups truck at work

carrying rice husk
while waiting for josee at the dentistwhile waiting for josee at the dentist
while waiting for josee at the dentist

sititng on the chian mai wall


12th January 2012

January 12th 2012
Great photos and story! I look forward to each update!
15th January 2012
enjoying our lunch

I love this picture.. Looks like a yummy Thai Lunch.. Get some more recipes and curry, and I will try making some when you get back
16th January 2012
while waiting for josee at the dentist

Great photos!
Hi Josee & Sean.. wow, you are having such a great journey!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb