Chiang Mai adventures!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Dao
July 3rd 2010
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey hey!!

Had an amazing adventure in the mountains! We decided to go on a two day one night trek...we got taken to a few places before the trek began, including a snake show- the commentating was the best! We were also taking to a place to meet the long neck tribe-it was all a bit uncomfortable...the children seemed a little sad, I guess the continuing flow of tourists taking photo's and staring is such an invasion.-We weren't there for long. We then started our walk! The first part was cool, we met a lovely couple called Becky and Dan, from England, so we were chatting to them most of the walk. After an hour and a half, we reached a beautiful waterfall, in which we all bathed and cooled down. The second part of the walk was painful! It was all up hill, in the scorching heat! It took about 2 hours for us to reach the tribe village at the top. The bamboo hut was brilliant..we had the most amazing view of the jungle and Chiang Mai! That night we just chilled under the stars. The local children put on a performance for us, which was the sweetest thing ever! We listened to Toby ( a guy in the group) play the guitar, and we all sang along to various songs! In the morning we said our goodbyes to the hut and made our way back down the mountain. It was sooo much easier, but still hot and challenging (trying very hard not to fall on your backside was a mission!) After an hour trek we found ourselves at another beautiful waterfall! Of course we all got in to cool ourselves off. The rest of the walk was weaving around the pretty streams and jungle. At the end, we came to the elephants. They were gorgeous! We sat down and had lunch, then got ourselves onto the elephants. We sat in cage like seats on top and walked for about an hour. It took a little while for me to get use to, as it felt slightly unstable and wobbled a bit more than I liked! What made it even scarier was the vertical path we had to walk up-cant say I kept my cool! After a while I got use to it, and we brought a bunch of banana's for the elephant...she loved em! Couldn't get enough, greedy thing. Each banana we gave her, she sent her trunk straight back up for another. If we waited too long, she'd sigh and release the most smelliest banana breathe in your face, you would ever smell!! When we'd finished the elephant ride, it was time to go on the water rapids! Can't say I put in much effort, but it was ever so funny! The river is the brownest I've ever seen, but we didn't care! Once the rapids had finished, we were dropped off by the bamboo rafts, and floated the rest of the way down the river...it was very peaceful!
It was then time to come back! We were both very tired, so we had a 20minute power nap and met the group we'd met on the trek for dinner, and then onto a club called 'Spice.' It was a good night, we danced until gone 3am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Tribe childrenTribe children
Tribe children

Singing wonderful songs!!


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb