Udon Thani ~ Marvel @ the slower pace of life


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand » Udon Thani
August 28th 2007
Published: January 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

"Marvel @ the slower pace of life"



It was a pleasant surprise (shock) when I turned to last Thursday's (17 January 2008) of My Paper Travel feature. The entry that was submitted on 12th Sept 2007 was published today. 4 months on, I've long expected the submission to be axed. Anyway, I was still glad that this entry managed to get through the editors' knife even though it was heavily edited.

Here's the original submission though for your reading pleasure.


"My sister and I visited Udon Thani in late August 2007. Located in North Eastern Thailand, Udon Thani has escaped from the clutches of the tourist trap. Compared to other parts of Thailand , life is noticeably slow & peaceful here. However, the town does have its fair share of attractions to keep the visitor busy. It does house a relatively modern shopping mall and an interesting local night market.

For many, Udon Thani may not fulfil itself as an ideal holiday destination. At its worst, it may be labeled “boring” or “uninteresting”. However, the town offered an ideal getaway for us to enjoy an authentic Thai experience at a relaxed pace. This was one of
the few trips where we could go to the park to watch the locals at play and spending time lazing at the Railway Station in the hot afternoon. I was glad to have the opportunity to visit the place before it becomes too touristy."









Advertisement



Tot: 0.441s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 17; qc: 83; dbt: 0.3087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb