The time/worst time of my life


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand » Ubon Ratchathani
September 25th 2012
Published: November 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

One of the best day's of my life quickly followed by the worst! Had an early rise on saturday and Bra yung rented a mini-bus to take us, her classroom helps and Yoke and Ploy to Pha Taem National Park. The pot-holes on the journey were horrendous and we bounced all the way there! First off, we came to Soei Sawan waterfall. It is spectacularly beautiful, caught between a valley that open's up to luscious green woodland and white water cascades down from differing heights. We cooled off in naturally occurring sink holes and I jumped off at one point lower down. It was not deep. Yet the sandy bottom meant I didn't break anything and we all dipped in and dived around this little drop of heaven. Out of the water, we headed through a flash-monsoon to Pha Taem town where we ate in a restaurant floating on the huge Mekong river. The food, as ever was incredible. Continuing our tour, we moved up to the cliff faces where you could see into the dark green space of Laos and watch the winding river traipse it's way to the Gulf. After a moment's spent gawping at the view, we trekked 3km around the cliff's, passing the 3,000 year old cave paintings and then loaded back onto the bus, driving off into the fading sunset. Truly incredible.
Next however, came a very messy night out. I don't know quite how much I drank or what I did but it involved swearing alot at American's and hipster Thai's, dancing manically from U-bar to Mix club and ended passing out in Duni's car. I paid liberally for this. Whether it was alcohol poisoning, some dodgy chicken, dysentery from the water or and unhealthy mixture of all, sunday was a disgustingly shitty day. I ate nothing and ended up in Ubon A&E getting stabbed with several different needles (the staff were lovely mind). Thankfully I'm feeling alot better now, although still pretty knackered and Sodium water ain't wonderful, but hey! It was eventful to say the least and Ive got 4 more day's, no school to recover thank's to exam's. Roll on good health and Chaing Mai!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb