I know why Noah built that ark now !


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand » Roi Et
October 13th 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 15.9033, 103.729

Wake up to another wet day. A short break in the storm and Jai decides that today would be a good day for us to take the bike and ride the 50km or so to the city of Roi Et where she has to visit the land office. We make it about half way in the dry and then the heavens open. I carry on for a little bit but finally have to stop because the rain is stinging my face and I cant see where we are going ! Soaked to the skin and now freezing cold as well we finish the journey. I stand and shiver whilst Jai picks up the deeds to her farmland - not the ricefields which are still in limbo and may take another couple of years before any paperwork is produced. They work quickly around here !! The office gives Jai two large sheets of crested paper with a rough may and details of the land. I send her back in to get an envelope or a bag or something so as they are not reduced to papiermache before we get home but they have nothing. The rain has almost stopped so we make it a few hundred metres up the road to a petrol station to fill up for the return journey and a for a coffee to thaw out and stop my shaking and a plastic bag for thje documents. The rain appears to have stopped so we head off home and apart from a few drops make it in the dry. Oh what fun !!!!!

Advertisement



23rd October 2011

A little bit of rain !! Ha !!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb