Swim Lesson Could NOT Be Cuter!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand
November 11th 2008
Published: November 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today during one of my plan periods I happened to walk by the little pool and swim lessons for some of the littlest children were in progress! They were so adorable in their little swim outfits and matching swim caps. When I stopped to watch, all the little ones were sitting around the edge of the pool and the P.E. teacher was going around one by one, dumping water over their heads (to get them accustomed to the sensation, I guess). As soon as he finished they would frantically paw at their eyes and faces, trying to get the water out. After that they practiced kicking in the water and then he went one by one again, dunking them under this time. Although it seemed a little jarring, they seemed to take it well. After that he dropped little weights in the water and the most advanced retrieved them. Then they got on floats and used kickboards.

Some of the little ones were really shivering once they got out of the pool. The weather is actually beginning to cool off a bit. By cool, I mean that today, probably for the first time, I didn't break a sweat on my short walk home from school. Students are beginning to arrive in jackets in the morning, which for us seems a bit over the top, but for them is appropriate, as it is the start of their cool season.

I walked on from the pool and peeked in the door labeled "Playland." There is actually a ball pit in there for the kids to play in. Also absolutely adorable!! I had to snap some pictures of this one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



19th November 2008

Little athletes
AJ is taking swimming for the 3rd year in a row this winter, he also is going to give gymnastics a try!
20th November 2008

AJ's swim lesson
well, I bet those are pretty freakin' cute, too!

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb