Khmers temples around Phanom Rung


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Buriram
November 13th 2007
Published: November 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday November, 13th 2007

After my too wet journey by motorbike, I decided to share a car with Martin, a Dutch tourist to visit temples in the surroundings. For temples, pictures speak by themselves, so why should I write more ?

First Phanom Rung (meaning the big hill), a very well preserved khmer temple. With a lot of nice stone carving.

Then, Prasat Meuang Tam. That was my favourite temple of the day.

Prasat Tamuen, a group of 3 temples at the Cambodian border. Actually, the last temple is on Cambodian territory. From the jungle, there were a lot of Cambodian people coming on foot to sell goods to Thailand. Just, near the temple was a custom officer who collected tax based on the evaluation of the value and weigh of the goods. All subject to negotiation. No forms, no receipts. I wonder where the money goes.

Last temple, far away, Prasat Ban Phluang. Good carvings as the guidebook says but a small temple. Well, surely, it is worth to be seen if you are in the city of Prasat, but I'm not sure, it was worth the rather long journey we made to reach it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



5th August 2008

Prasat Meuang Tam
I would like to go those ancient sites, prasat Prasat Meuang Tam, Prasat Tamuen, Prasat Tamuen Thom, in Surin province of Thailand. Will plan to visit this year. What do cambodians come to sell at those Thai sites?

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb