Ayatthuya floating market


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
October 13th 2012
Published: October 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ayattuya is about 75 km north of Bangkok. It was previously the capital of Thailand and it is a city full of history, temples and art. The old part of the city is surrounded by rivers, the Cho Praya river, Lopburi river and Pa Sak river. It is a low lying city and some of the temples were damaged by the flooding last year. The photo has nothing to do with history or temples. The fish are nibbling my toes and this is an experience you pay for! It was called the happy feet fish spa. My feet felt as though they were being tickled so they were quite happy after the experience. The fish spa was at the floating market. This is popular with Thai tourists and less so with western tourists. I ordered at the food island from a picture rather than an English menu. This is unusual for Thailand where mostly it is in English. The food was eaten sitting on the floor from very low tables. The tuk tuk drivers couldn't work out why I wanted to walk to the temple, but I left them puzzled. The Wat Yai Chai Mongkol has an important connection with the history of Ayattuya. The large chedi was built to celebrate the victory of King Naresuan over Burma in a fight on elephant back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.713s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.4918s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb