Koh Samet


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
March 7th 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early, and the person met us at our guest house to guide us to where the bus was to take us to the pier. Imagine that, we get off the bus and we are at another travel agency who wants our money. We made it to the island just before 1:00pm. We jumped in the back of a truck which took us to the beach we wanted to go too for 20 baht a person (just under a dollar each). We walked around for a bit looking for a place to stay. Unlike Bangkok, there weren't a ton of signs saying ' Guest House', ' Sleep Here'. So it took us a bit to find something. We are at a place called White Sand Resort. We are in a bungelow with a king size bed and air conditioning for $40 a night. Since we will be spending most of our time laying on the beach/in the water and not spending money on activities, we decided we could spend a little more on a place to stay. Once we dropped our bags off we grabbed a bite to eat at the restraunt, then changed into our swim suits and hit the beach for the rest of the afternoon. You can tell we haven't been here long. We are white white white, and everyone else around us are really tanned. Lots of vendors come up to you while you lie on the beach, asking if you want food, massages, sarongs etc. If you say no thank you they go on their way to the next group of people. I'm glad they aren't pestery like in Mexico.
Dinner was at Jeps Bungelows restraunt. The food was very good, but the service sucked. We sat there for 10-20 min before someone actually gave us menu's.
The bugs come out at night. Luckily our Lonely Planet told us to bring bug spray, so we picked some up in Bangkok before we came.

The sun has tired us both out, and its off to bed early. Night Night.

Day 2 on Koh Samet

We woke up and walked down the main street. We bought some fresh watermelon and baby bananas, along with some crouissants and apple juice for breakfast. We have a fridge in our room so we put the juice in there. Its nice to wake up to fresh fruit and juice.

The rest of the day was spent on the beach suntanning and playing in the water. We rented a 2 person floaty for $3 and a couple chairs. We alternated beach, and ocean through out the day. After we had enough sun, we went and layed in bed and watched some desperate housewives on the lap top, which then died. We took a walk back into the town and went to an internet cafe as we are meeting up with a couple thai kids that I taught english too and we are trying to make arrangements on where we will meet.

We had dinner on the beach and were entertained by a fire show. See video/pictures.

We went to bed around 8pm.

Day 3

Again we woke up and had some fresh fruit and baking then headed to the beach. We sat under an umbrella and alternated from beach to ocean. We believe we are swimming in the South China sea. Tristan also read up about Thailand in our lonely planet book. Remember back when we took a tuk tuk in Bangkok and they said it was 'government fashion week?' Well we are pretty sure that was a lie!!! We also read that at government tourist agencies they don't try to sell you anything. They are only there as a wealth of information. So we know now that the tour agencies they took us too weren't what they said they were. A lot of agencies pose as government places, in hopes tourists will trust them... Good thing we never bought anything!




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb