To the Island!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
February 6th 2010
Published: February 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up early again for more adventure! Today we're heading to Ko Samet, an island just south of Bangkok by a few hours. We were "picked up" by a guy on a motorbike around 7:45. We could either attempt to climb on with our bags... or we could follow him to our bus. We chose the latter. Our four hour bus ride took 5, but then we were almost there with only a boat ride to go.

To get on our boat we had to climb on and through two other boats (up, down, through, up, over, down, through, up and over...) and then ended up balancing on the side of the boat as it pulled away and they were still making room for us in the lower part of the boat. All of this while wearing heavy backpacks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

I found just enough space in the middleI found just enough space in the middle
I found just enough space in the middle

I am surrounded by people and bags, even though you can't tell it from the photo.
Julie relaxesJulie relaxes
Julie relaxes

And tells me her view is better than mine.


25th February 2010

Hey, I visited Koh Samet in April 2006 and found it a great place. The beach was amazing and the sea is so warm and lush - I stayed in the south beach and stayed for 2 nights. The prawns there are MASSIVE too..... God thinking about it is making me jealous. Hope you had fun.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb