Sunny Ko Samet


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
July 23rd 2007
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a five hour taxi, bus and boat ride we were on Ko Samet. Shortly before we had arrived there'd been a heavy downpour and the 'roads' had turned to mud. We trekked to the village and found a vacant room at Naga Bungalows.
After lunch we had a much needed dip in the sea, there was no sun but it was still very warm. The sea felt like getting into a warm bath!

That night we came across a fire show at Ploy Bar, now we really knew we were back in Thailand.
Sleep evaded us that night as our bungalow was so hot.The outside bathroom made life a bit difficult too. Every time we opened the door to go the Mossies got in!
Next day we checked out some other bungalows at White Sands that were only 100 Baht more but much better, we packed up and moved.

We spent the next six days lazing on the beach, swimming and snorkelling in the sea and watching fire shows in the evening drinking Chang Beer. It's a hard life!

On the Saturday the price of our room doubled as the locals came over for weekends and demand was high. Despite this we decided to stay anyway as we were told it was a big Buddha day and alcohol was banned in Bangkok. The islands are much more laid back and blatantly flout the rules! Bangkok with no beer? Unheard of!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Beach Bar-B-QueBeach Bar-B-Que
Beach Bar-B-Que

No need to stray off the beach for lunch. This lady carried a lit Bar-B-Que along from beach to beach, complete with all the food to cook on it!
More Fire Shows.More Fire Shows.
More Fire Shows.

Two small boys balanced on their father's shoulders, twirling fire sticks as they mingled amongst the audience!
Evening meal on the beachEvening meal on the beach
Evening meal on the beach

Low tables and cushions were set up on the beach after dark


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb