Ko Chang - Same same, but different!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
January 11th 2011
Published: January 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a few crazy days spent in Bangkok, we made our way to the Islands! Quite a treat as we have spent little time indulging in beach life since we have been away. Again we travelled with the locals on a bus, taxi, ferry journey - at this point i might add that our £3 bus ticket provided shear luxury with snacks and cold drinks being brought to us throughout the trip, the Megabus could learn a trick or two!!

On arrival the free spirited, taking each day as it comes way of thinking gave us a big smack in the puss when we couldn't find anywhere to stay on the Island. After trawling around for a while, a bar women must have seen the desperation on our faces and offered us a room - bonus!! That was until we realised that her family were turfing her out of her room in exchange for 200 baht. Feeling rather guilty we made our way to the room and... welcome to cockroach central. We spent most of the evening trying to kill the indestructible wee buggers and had a very unrelaxing first nights sleep, a Thai women following some guy around shouting "I f*ck here, here and here" didn't help either!

HOWEVER the following day we were up and out in search of some new digs. Luckily we came across a lovely little beach bungalow resort, a major upgrade to say the least!

Whilst on the island we decided to hire a scooter, flashback 18months to the Costa Rica scooter disaster and we were feeling quite nervous. However we decided to bite the bullet and go in search of a deserted beach. We spent the day soaking up the sun and on the way back to our bungalow were feeling rather chuffed that the day had gone without a hitch. That was until we started to smell burning and smoke was billowing out of the back, nice one!! We promtly returned it to the owners where they tried to swindle 350 baht out of us, all the while a young girl is tottering around holding James'passport hostage! After a few crossed words we left passport in hand plus 100 baht!

We then spent the rest of our time on Ko Chang at the beach enjoying the scorching sun, blue sea and white sand as well as lots of delicious thai food. The beaches and island were stunning with the sun and sand which then met thick green forest.

Our short stay in Thailand has been a great intouduction to South East Asia and we are look forward to returning to explore more of the North and then Southern islands. Meanwhile Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos awaits us!

Until next time....

Lots of Love


Claire and James x x x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

All smiles....All smiles....
All smiles....

Pre - disaster


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb