Family week Koh Chang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
January 25th 2008
Published: January 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well now we are five. We picked up Iain, Lissa and Becky from the ferry on the 19th. Had a car for the first day to show every one around which made life easy. First trip a fishing and cooking trip on a local fishing boat. It was run by a Brit (as most things here appear to be). Great trip though, even though we only caught very small fish and are not sure if we will be able to re-produce the wonderful curry (due to translation issues).

In between trips were days of not doing much but swimming although we did hire 2 kayaks - Lissa was not feeling great and did not come so Iain and Becky plus Steve and I decided to go out to an island and around it. Had no idea how tiring on the arms it would be, good fun but need more strength, it took us an hour and even though the younger generation could have gone on we had definitely done enough. Lucky I was with Steve as we move 3 times as far for each of his rows to mine.....

Iain, Steve and myself did and elephant trip in the jungle (girls had done on previous visits to Thailand). First was bathing the elephants. Steve went in just as the elephant decided to empty its bowels - not pleasant for him, but it was funny watching. Then a trek in very hilly country, very scenic and fun crowd.

Next trip was a day on a large catamaran, sailing, snorkelling and fishing. It was a very relaxing day, great fun but not much coral as usual. On the way back the skipper nearly caught a huge Mackerel - it jumped right out of the water. We also say heaps of very large flying fish.

Left the best till last and decided to do the Tree top adventure park on my birthday - after all I have heard people say that your 50th should be something unusual and out of your comfort zone.

Steve piked out and took the photos the rest of us harnessed up and went for a lesson in how to walk, climb and zip line high above the trees. The first section was lower but amazingly physically hard but it was great fun, especially the skate board on the high wire. The second section was high but apart for the last swing not so demanding. Certainly would never have dreamed of doing something like that.

Lissa has now left and we leave shortly, can't believe the trip is nearly over already.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



25th January 2008

Happy birthday
Woo Hoo, 50 eh. looks like you had a fantastic birthday, sent you an email on 24th. Love the elephants, and the Tree Top adventure looks awesome. Looking forward to hearing all you stories / photos when you get back. P.S Happy Australia Day :-) Warm Regards Sue
25th January 2008

Happy birthday
HI Carol , Steve and family. Looks like you had a very different 50th Carol. Looked really beautiful and exciting. Wish I could have been there. Not sure about the elephant poo Steve. Have a safe trip home. Cheers Chris
29th January 2008

happy belated bday Carol! xKim

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb