We made it to Thailand!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
November 9th 2007
Published: November 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 1Day 1Day 1

OUr first tuk tuk ride to Kho San Road
We've followed our hearts to a different land,
as if our feet marched to a different band.
Something to be said about that first line,
It's not so different with her hand in mine.
On we'll go down an unknown path called living,
Realizing each day's a gift that won't stop giving.
Learning how to acept this gift is the real true key,
Like someone once said "what's to be, will be".
On we go through the jungle an beach,
Learning life's lessons (maybe sometimes teach).
We hope that this blog, shows adventures galore,
good times, new friends, true love and more.
And to all of you that we love so dear,
Your in our thought and always near.
- BE

We'll can you believ that we actually made it half way across the world... no Brian did not get drunk in the airport and miss the plane as expected! Just wanted yo say thank you to everyone for putting up with our MANY going-away parties! It meant so much to us to have you all around in the last week that we were in town.

After a whorl wind trip, visiting 3 provinces and 4 different countries
The BIG budahThe BIG budahThe BIG budah

It's not the little guy in the front!
in less that 4 days we finally arrived in Bangkok. The city was as crazy as usual, but we had the chance to stop in and visit my good friend Danielle. We got to visit the Thai Canadian Sports facility that she teaches gymnastics at and got to watch her classes! In the evening she SPOILED us rotton to a night on the town and we visited the "German Beer Gardens" in Bangkok. Before we arrived, I was picturing anm outdoor venue with picnis tables and leiderhousens but when we arrived it was more like a palace stadium with crazy thai singers and dancing servers. After the beer gardens we headed across town to a pub with live hip hop and dancing in the streets. Brian got his first quick lesson of the grabby women.. (or were they??!) whenever he was standing alone.

After 4 days in the city we were definately ready to get outta the stink and the constant hasseling of tuk tuk drivers... getting driven to the suit makers, the jewlery export centres, the TAT's..etc. So we booked it outta Bangkok and headed towards the beach! We made the short 4 hour bus ride down to Trang and then arrived on the island of Ko Chang on Tuesday morning. We are staying right on the beach at the south west side of the island in Lonley Beach.

The day after we arrived we rented a few scooters with an AMAZING Aussie couple that we met on our way over. We visited the Ko Chang waterfall which costed 400B a person and was NOTHING in comparison to the waterfalls in Montezuma, but nevertheless, a swim in fresh waters are ALWAYS refreshing... specailly since we are now unable to shower or swim for the next 5 days....

So on the way back from the waterfall, we had a minor motor bike crazy involving a 15 foot long cobrah trying to cross the road and Bri and I swearving to miss our friend with just a little contact with the road... PLEASE don't worry moms.. we are both healing fine! The people here in Ko Chang have been absolutely fabulous to us. We thank the family that picked us up and drove us to the hospital and the nurses that have been cleaning us up everyday, all the locals that have helped us along the way. And ESPECIALLY to Elliot and Nikky, who were SO kind and went FAR out of their way to help us after the acident... we thank you the most! You have no idea how grateful we are for your kindness and company and we'll hopefully see you again sometime soon!

So that leads us to today we are counting our blessings and so glad to be safe... hey, there's a lot worst places to be recovering I'm sure! For the next few days until we've healed, we'll be hanging low under the shadows of the palms and we're looking very forwrd to being able to hit the water again SOON!!

We want everyone to know that we are thinking about you ALWAYS and wishing you were all here with us! We love you very much and promise to keep you updated throughout our adventure!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

"Thai Leg wax""Thai Leg wax"
"Thai Leg wax"

Minor bumps and bruises.. hopefully no one else will have to find out how great the hospital staff is


9th November 2007

Mr. & Mrs Accident Prone
Well it only took a week... Hope we don't get any more stories like that??? Send pic's of those beautiful tanlines!!!! Take care, C Black
9th November 2007

as expected, Brian is in bandages, 5 days into the trip...dumbass!!!
Sorry to be over here laughing but we all know Brian so its funny, but we are worried about you however Dana!!! Just rest the wounds so you can hit that water ASAP, must be torture to just have to look at it. Drink the pain away, Singhas = Cure. And by the way, Brian said it was only a 12 foot cobra over the phone, seems like someone exaggerated a little to make the blog more exciting, it was probably a 2 foot garter snake...Anyshit, love you both, always thinking bout yaz...peacenluv always, have a drink or 12 for me...Shane
10th November 2007

First wild majical elk jumping out at you and now 15 ft long cobra snakes.....whatever you say bri!! Love you guys miss you. Rip it up, have a whiskey bucket or two for me!! talk soon
10th November 2007

yep
Sounds about right........ Keep the pics coming. I wish I was you.
10th November 2007

screw you
oooooooooooh, pooooooooor you. You have to louge around in the tropical sun and grow some new skin. Fuck you, it's pissing rain here and some of us have to work out in it like 40 hours a week. Just another excuse to lounge around and do nothing in my book. Good luck with all that. I'm just jealous is all. love ya. -chilikins
11th November 2007

what a coincidence......
This is crazy, you won't even believe it...... I was crossing Lougheed Hwy., on foot as I don't have a car, and I had to like totally swerve to avoid this parade of penguins. Fortunately I've got the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose and was able to skirt around them when the bald eagles rallied to defend their territory attacking without mercy.... all I can say is the carnage will haunt me forever. Dana, hope you're healing. Brian, listen to Dana.
14th November 2007

MISS YOU GUYS
Hey you two...wicked adventures already I see :) That's sweet, good to hear you are ok. At least you didn't break an arm like moi. Wish you were here for my bday, hopefully we catch up in asia. xx
17th November 2007

So predictable...
Well I can't say I am surprised you have already been to a Thai hospital, but I hope you are both feeling better, and hopefully you can dive into the warm bath water they call an ocean soon...love the pics, keep em coming! Take it easy and have a Sang Som for me! :-)

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb