... the world's our oyster ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 23rd 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

The world's our oyster ... at least, according to Murray Head, that was you get with "One Night In Bangkok" - song actually banned in Thailand, if they don't like something its banned !!
A 30mins stop at Khorat to break the journey and we reach the bus station at Mo Chit just after 04:00. Spend about 20mins fighting for a taxi before we are on our way to our guest house in Banglamphu.
Arrive at New Siam just after 05:00 and are told our room wont be ready till 07:00 so sit and wait with a 7/11 coffee till the guest house restaurant opens and we can get some breakfast.
By 07:15 we have checked in, showered and are stretched out in the comfort of the aircon.
I go out at 11:00 and complete our on-line check-in for tomorrow's flight making sure we get decent seats.
Go back to room to collect Jai then we go out to eat. Our usual noodle shop is closed today so we head in the opposite direction to another that we sometimes use.
After lunch go to change the last of my English money at the disappointing rate of £1=49.16 (was £1=54.25 in December) then go to the bank to deposit it in my account here.
Spend the heat of the afternoon in our room then go back out at 18:00 to eat. Was planning on having a large BBQed fish but our usual place didn't have any so have to settle for BBQ chicken.
Walk Jai back to guest house then I sit for a beer at Gecko Bar on the nearby street corner. Sit and watch the world pass by and it never ceases to amaze me how many strange people there are out there !!!
Turn in early for hopefully a good nights sleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb