Lazy day and goodbyes


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 21st 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

Down to breakfast at 8:00 then back to the room where I watch a couple of mediocre movies on TV to pass the time.
I go out for a walk around the Khao San area and whilst it wasn't busy by any stretch of the imagination there were still plenty of people strolling around. I go to the Democracy Monument where the road was closed by tens of thousand of people when we were here in November but today there is not a demonstrator in sight and the traffic is flowing as smoothly as it ever does around here.
Back to the guest house to collect Jai then out for our usual noodles for lunch.
24 hours before flight departure BA opens their on-line check-in so I record passport details and chose my seat for the flight back to the UK.
I walk down t the riverside park and sit for a couple of hours before taking coffees back to the room.
Early evening we walk to a partner hotel on the riverside for some food.
With Jai all packed up we leave the guest house and take a taxi through the horrendous traffic jams out to Mo Chit. It is not just the city roads that are blocked but the big bridge over the Chao Phraya near here is also closed leaving motorists to try and find alternative routes out of the city ending up with gridlock.
I wait till Jai has boarded her bus and it pulls out before getting another taxi and rejoining the chaos to ride back to Banglamphu.
Phone Gloucester and talk to brother Rob to let mum know what time to expect me tomorrow night.
Was going to try and get some sleep but there seems little chance of that so I return to last nights bar for a couple of beers first.
To bed about 23:00.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb