Back in the big smoke ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 25th 2017
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

Bus arrives at Mo Chit bus stationat 06:00. Instead of just getting a taxi to the guest house we walk across to the departures area and buy a ticket for our return journey tomorrow night. Cant think why we havent done this before as it will save us a return taxi journey to Mo Chit later on today. It is also a whole lot easier to get a taxi from this side of the bus station whereas we normally have to fight with all the arrivals to get one.
Our room at New Siam Guest House is ready when we arrive not much after 06:30. Quick trip to 7/11 for coffee and croissants then stretch out on the bed for breakfast.
Stay in the room till about 10:00 then go to change some GBP into Baht at the shocking rate of 1:43.41; I am sure the worst exchange I have ever had. Deposit money in our bank accounts. Walk to a nearby tourist office as I want a decent map of Bangkok having apparently lost the one I had.
Needless to say we have lunch at our usual noodle shop.
Walk up to riverside park late afternoon to watch the passing boats on the Chao Phraya and people out for some evening exercise.
Stop off at the New Siam Riverside hotel and eat a spicy tom yum at their outdoor riverside restaurant watching the sun set oveer the river and Pinklao Bridge.
Walk back to the bar near the hotel where I always have a beer, Gecko Bar. It is a shi**y little bar but close by and good for watching the hordes of strange people that pass.
Seems like we are out quite late and am surprised to find it is still only 20:30 when we get back to our room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb