Hello Bangkok again (Aug 2016)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 19th 2016
Published: September 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Friday, 19th August 2016

We decided to ditch the budget carriers on this trip to Bangkok. Travelling on Thai Airways was a great choice with efficient service, comfortable seats and delicious meals. It helped that the airline was running some promotion when we booked our trip which narrowed down the price gaps between the budget and full-service carriers. We took the afternoon flight on Friday and had 4 full days in Bangkok before returning on Tuesday evening.

I was looking forward to meet my Thai friend, P as well as taking the weekend train to Kanchanaburi. For my past 3 trips to Bangkok, I made it a point to catch up over dinner with P. It was nice to learn that he is getting married in March next year. His journey to marriagehood had not been an easy one and I'm really happy that he is finally going to settle down.

We decided to base ourselves at Evergreen Place Service Apartments about 2 minutes to the BTS Skytrain or 12 minutes stroll to Siam Square. What I really loved about this place was the unblocked view of the city's skyline from the living room. Seriously, who needs to head to the ridiculously priced sky bars in Bangkok when we had the view to die for from our apartments.

We did the usual tourist stuffs in the afternoon - Body Massages @ Siam Square, After U Desserts @ Siam Paragon and Food Shopping @ Big C. By the time we finished shopping, most of the food outlets nearby were already closed for the day. We had to settle for pork burgers from McDonalds. Nice!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb