For all of who have been waiting oh so so patiently


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 6th 2006
Published: October 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

BangkokBangkokBangkok

Traffic galore! Wild tuk tuk rides!
Hi everyone.

First of all, I am totally lying about the Diary Date. As most of you know, I have been back for a few months now. Back in the swing of things with city life but still savoring memories of our 2 month trip to SE Asia.

Anyways, rather than re-creating the trip, I have chosen to take my e-mail excerpts and share them with those of you have seen them already and those who have not. This time, there are pictures so enjoy!

E-mail #1
Subject: Hello from Thailand

Sorry if you got this twice...seems like the first one didn't make it from my end...anywho, here goes:

So hello there...long time no communicate! It has been about 5 days since we left Vancouver and it feels like so much has happened.

We are currently relaxing on one of the many beautiful islands, Ko Tao. We spent what seemed like a whirlwind eternity in Bangkok trying to just adjust to the time change, the culture, and arranging our visas. The last two days of our stay were particularly trying with much of our day spent trying to arrange our two visas for Myanmar and Laos. The difficulty is trying to stay sane when it hits over 30 degrees by mid morning...I have never been so drained...like walking through the desert and hoping for a mirage of crisp cold water! Other than that part of Bangkok, I really enjoyed being able to eat at whim off of a street vendor, wild tuk tuk rides, excellent SUPER CHEAP shopping, and just the Thai people themselves who are very courteous and polite. Bangkok will act as our center point through the trip so now that we know the routine, things will run much more smoothly. We arrived on the island yesterday and it now truly feels like a non-working vacation. Today, we spent the whole day touring the island with Nick taking charge on a dirt bike. The snorkelling is pretty cool...lots of cool fish and we saw 3 reef sharks today...it freaked me out, that's for sure! I'm like the size of an otter which always makes me feel like prime bait! The next 3 days will be scuba diving time and then we are going to try to make our way out of Thailand to avoid the water throwing Thai/ Asian new year in favor of hopefully more mellow celebrations in Laos.

Hope everyone is doing well! Be in touch a week or so from now!

xo

Kel 😊



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

human showerhuman shower
human shower

from Canada to Asia- too hot!
Chumphon- on the way to Ko TaoChumphon- on the way to Ko Tao
Chumphon- on the way to Ko Tao

On the way to paradise
Ko TaoKo Tao
Ko Tao

Paradise itself
Ko Tao Night ShotKo Tao Night Shot
Ko Tao Night Shot

Buddha rock on the left
Ko Tao bungalow viewKo Tao bungalow view
Ko Tao bungalow view

250 Baht a night...that's $8 Cdn.
Ko Tao bungalow Ko Tao bungalow
Ko Tao bungalow

Sorry, enamoured by Ko Tao, the bungalow itself


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb