thurs day 174


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 11th 2015
Published: July 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

With today being my last in central Bangkok after a bowl of cornflakes i decided to go for a city tour on a tuk tuk. Like a cross between being on the back of a motorbike and sitting in an old mini - they are great fun! So, being driven past the Grand Palace and past the Reclining Buddha the next highlight was the Giant Swing and a statue of King Rama ( the first king of Thailand) Next was the flower market before passing many shops selling only Buddhas ( mainly to temples) because some of them are so huge you just wouldnt fit them in your car! Heading back towards Khao San road i stopped off to buy a fruit shake before parting with 3 pounds to the driver and heading back to the hotel to collect my bags. Next stop of the day was to Uncle Ted and Wans to see my uncle before he flys off to New Zealand on a work trip. Seeing familiar faces again was really nice and their home has really felt like my 2nd home for the past 6 months, being welcomed and being so well looked after as well as being cooked the most delicious meals for, has felt so nice when being so far away from home. Finally being able to fully unpack my bag also felt pretty good before i went with Wan to take Ted to the airport. Back at the house Cream had arrived home from school and her, Wan and i walked round to the local market to have a look around and buy some foodie bits. Back at the house we all chilled out for the evening, i booked my seats for my return flights and wrote up some more of this blog!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb