Mon day 10


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 27th 2015
Published: January 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So it was a tough morning realising that i was on my own - even uncle ted is in NZ at the mo! Wan and cream are making me feel very welcome tho. Cream and i went out to get some breakfast from stalls that are on nearly every street corner in Thailand - selling different dishes from local produce - bananas with caramel, sausages, bbq chicken, even popcorn - to name but a few. The locals are very inventive with the foods they have - supplying something different everyday and all quite tasty! Not really what im used to having for breakfast tho, so i got a crossiant from a 7/11 store instead! Booked myself into a POD hotel - like a dorm hostel but pods instead of bunk beds, got a taxi there for about 3pm, hoping to start meeting some more peeps. The hotel is approx a 20 min taxi ride into the center - but very clean and modern - not bad for 8 pounds a night! The room is large with 8 pods and a chilling area, with a cafe downstairs - the only downside is the distance from town and having the equilivent of the m25 on its doorstep! So after unpacking my bits, got a motorbike taxi into town - was a little nervous, but neednt of been it was good fun whizzing between all the traffic!! Khao san rd in the center is very much like La Rambla in Barcelona - loads of fun and packed with stuff to do. After having a wander round and keeping hydrated i booked a floating market tour for tomz - 8 pounds - didnt seem too bad! Headed back to the hotel for a 05.30 start tomz, looking forward to it...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.9kb