Contemplation


Advertisement
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 22nd 2015
Published: May 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello my fellow travellers! After another good nights sleep I feel very relaxed today and with no real plans I decided to just take this day at a very leisure pace. I began by taking the BTS Skytrain to go and visit the Jim Thompson House Museum. Jim Thompson was a wealthy American silk manufacturer and former OSS/CIA agent who created a thriving business in Bangkok and created a world-wide dema... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 86, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




17th May 2015

I have some connection with Jim Thompson...
my Dad helped him find the traditional silk weaving villages in northeastern Thailand. And when he went missing on Easter Sunday 1967, I and my fellow high school students spent three days hunting for him the jungles of the Cameron Highlands. As a token of their appreciation, his company donated 400 meters of silk for the cover of our school yearbook. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time in SE Asia! I've enjoyed your blogs.
17th May 2015

I have some connection with Jim Thompson...
It is a small world after all sometimes. Just today I read Dave's blog about meeting you and Linda at the same time as I set out on the journey that would take me to Jim Thompsons house and now I learn that you had a connection with him, quite amazing. :) I'm happy that you enjoy my blogs, I certainly enjoyed SE Asia, it is such a wonderful region of the world!
21st May 2015

Contemplation
It's wonderful your travels have taken you to about 50 or more countries by now Per-Olof. Your time in Thailand sounds nothing short of wonderful. Yet it's soon time for contemplation my friend...due to your travel itch you've gotta consider where to next!!!
22nd May 2015

Contemplation
I feel blessed to have been able to travel as I have. I will hit the big 5-0 next year, I've chosen my 50th nation with care, Japan, the country I've dreamed about ever since I saw James Clavell's Shogun as a boy! =)
21st May 2015
Jim Thompson House

Great journey!
I've also very much enjoyed traveling through Southeast Asia with you. How wise to spend a perfect last day in a peaceful temple and at the gorgeous Jim Thompson house--he sounds like an extraordinary man. Until your next travels--peace.
22nd May 2015
Jim Thompson House

Great journey!
Thank you Tara! I'm glad you've enjoyed reading about this trip. He indeed seems to have been an extraordinary man, it was very rewarding to visit his house. =) My next trip was to Prague and Bratislava, I'm currently writing about it. =) Peace and Happy travels! =)

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb